By Hamza Yusuf
This paper examines the issue of Muslims physically sighting the crescent moon as the basis for beginning the months that constitute their lunar calendar.
[Reproduced courtesy of Zaytuna Institute]
1. He that hunts religion for sensual strength shall be Aqta‘, the Actaeon deceived by Diyana’s crescent crown.
2. In the Time of Turbulence, God gives you all you need behind your private door: perfume, prayer, woman.
3. Feel sorry for the moderns, for they never know desire.
4. Never, never, never, grow old in vain.
5. Respect the young, for they are likely to be closer to the fitra than you.